Turquazz is a UK-based non-profit culture platform created in 2019 to bring key aspects of culture together: Flavour, melody and cinema. Taking its roots in the Anatolian region from the Black Sea to the Mediterranean and from Greece to the borders of Iran, Turquazz explores the endless stories of this vast landscape with a long-standing history and multi-faceted culture and aspires to bring Anatolian music, culinary art and cinema together with artists, creatives, and new audiences.
POSITION: Turquazz is looking for interns who will undertake editorial roles and be responsible for social media management to help with tasks related to our website, online events, and social media.
- Supporting and organizing all local and global correspondence,
- Helping organize our online events, “Turquazz Talks”,
- Transcribing interviews and online events and making edits for clarification,
- Translating interviews and events into English if they’re in Turkish,
- Proofreading and designing articles written by Turquazz’s authors on WordPress,
- Creating social media posts and engaging with Turquazz’s audience,
- Learning about the social media tools used by Turquazz (Turquazz will provide a complete learning guide)
- Current university student or recent graduate,
- Driven and have a strong desire to learn,
- English and Turkish proficiency and excellent verbal and written communication skills in both languages,
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, G Suite, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Canva, Descript and WordPress,
- Capable of organizing and following up on all administrative tasks,
- Supportive and responsible when working in a group,
- Knowledge or interest in music, culinary culture and cinema is a plus but not required.
- Experience working in a UK based organization,
- Networking opportunities with experts working in fields such as music, culinary arts, cinema, visual arts, anthropology, literature, social sciences and cultural studies
- Reference letter,
- Name attached to significant events organized by Turquazz,
- Interns will be given a priority when Turquazz is hiring for a new position.
Interested and qualified applicants can fill out our application form below.
INTERNSHIP APPLICATION FORM